Tuesday, July 17, 2007

my sweet baby girl


obviously you all know what has happened by now. my heart breaks for my sweet little angel every day, and i don't think anyone can imagine what a lonely feeling it is to all of a sudden be without one of your children. my older brother jason text messaged me an interesting question yesterday..."what do you miss most about your daughter today?" i was taken back by the question at first, but the more i thought about it, the more i realized that it felt so much better to think about how funny she was, and how loving she was, and what a joy she was to be around than to sit and dwell on what happened and how broken i really am right now. so i have dedicated this blog to my beautiful little girl who was, along with ashton, my reason for living, and in honor of her memory i will keep living my life and raising her twin brother in a way that would make her proud. feel free to include your stories about her as well. let's all do what we can to keep her beautiful memory alive in all of our hearts. to my sweet little pootie, i love you and i always will.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa, i never had the honor of ever meeting your daughter. But, she was a beautiful little girl and she reminds me of my niece Kandyce Marie. I cannot really know how you and mark feel, as i have never had any kids. My thoughts and prayers go to you and yours. She will be truly missed.

Your Friend,
Brandon

Pate The Great's Papa said...

I'm looking forward to hearing more Zeaui moments... I know you'll be sharing more soon, and I hope that Mark will join in... I'd love to hear about her from his perspective too. Give Ashton a high five from his uncle...

Much Love,
J

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jason you are awesome too to help your sis with this!! My story to Melissa yesterday was at the family reunion when Zeaui climbed up in to the big dining room chair and sat there eating chocolate cake. It went everywhere, and I have to admit I was the guilty party to giving her more than one piece. But when she looked at me with those big brown eyes and was just quietly expectant, I had to give her what she wanted. Just gorgeous little girl!!! Atta Girl Melissa!! Aunt Dana

Anonymous said...

Melissa, This is such a great idea and such a fitting way to remember Zeaui. I have such wonderful memories from each time we saw her but I really treasure the last time you brought the kids to visit in Amarillo. That sweet little voice, hilarious little laugh, and eating ice cream in the floor with Ashton and Zeaui will be priceless memories to me.

Anonymous said...

I know I have no clue what sadness is compared to you or Mark, but I know that what I felt when I heard the news gave me one of the worst feeling that I have ever felt in my entire life. I miss Zeaui (Babygirl, as I called her) so much. You know I find myself thinking about that and feeling somewhat strange considering that I was not related to her, but that doesn't make it any less true. She was one of my favorite people in the entire world and I will never forget that cute, sweet little girl that had that BIG personality(and attitude) Your stories of her and Ashton make me laugh. I am happy that you have found a way to express your feelings and keep her memory alive. Your family will be in my thoughts and my prayers.

Your Truly,

Anonymous said...

Good post.